What to Expect
The first portion of this seminar is primarily lecture-based, designed for coaches and self-coached athletes who want to build a deeper understanding of Chinese weightlifting practice and instruction.
The latter portion puts your newly-learned skills to the test in a breakout session with other participants. We will cover coaching cues for implementing technique through hands-on instruction and group critique. Instructors can shadow if they don’t wish to lift, or they can use a video of their athlete for critique.
"The seminar was extremely organized, well run, and informative. Since the seminar, my technique has improved using the tools that I learned, and my numbers have been steadily increasing." --- Louisa Yu, 2018 Participant, San Diego
- Understand the basic framework Chinese weightlifting programming is built on
- Learn how to structure short-term and long-term training plans
- Learn in-depth biomechanics analysis of Chinese weightlifting technique
- Learn programming best practices for beginner, intermediate, and advanced lifters
- Understand gender differences in programming
Who: All experience levels. Participants must have attended Ma Strength Level 1 prior to attending Level 2.
Cost: Rates vary by location.
Duration: Varies by group size
CEUs: Yes, 7 credit hours approved by NASM