Co-Director, Ma Strength
- Head Coach, Lindenwood University, 2012-present
- Head Coach, US World University Championships Team, 2003-2007
- Head Coach, Seychelles National Team 1992-1994
- Resident Coach, Chinese Junior Nation Team 1990-1992
- Olympian, 1984 Los Angeles Games
- World Silver Medalist
- 2 time World Bronze Medalist
- 2 time Masters World Cup Champion
CHINESE WEIGHTLIFTING COACH MA Jianping
Coach Ma Jianping trained under Zhao Qingkui, one of the founders of the Chinese weightlifting system. Ma was on the Chinese National Team from 1978 to 1988 and represented China in the 69kg class at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games. He also won a silver medal and two bronze medals while competing in four World Championships and World Cups. He is currently a 2-time World Master’s Champion.
Coach Ma has been a coach for over 23 years, beginning as a Provincial coach and rising as National level coach for China’s Junior team. He was the head coach of the Seychelles National Team and the USA World University National Team from 2003 to 2007. Coach Ma received an undergraduate degree from Anhui University in China in 1989 and received his master’s degree in exercise science from Xi’an Sports University in China in 2007. His lifters include Li Ping, 2005/2007 World Champion, and 2010/2011 Asian Games Champion in the women’s 53kg class and 2002 World Silver medalist Sun Ruiping in the women’s 75kg class.