Level 1 & 2 Seminar: Bristol, UK
- April 26-28, 2019
- It has been a long time but Chinese weightlifting are finally coming back to the UK! The first is the Ma Strength Level I Seminar on Chinese weightlifting technique which is a practical, hands-on seminar that introduces the fundamental technical elements to improve snatch, clean, and jerk technique.
DURING THIS SEMINAR YOU WILL:
- Learn Chinese weightlifting technique using China’s learning progression for the snatch, clean, and jerk,
- Have your lifting evaluated individually and within a group setting to learn from others, and
- Practice this style of lifting with weights attendees feel comfortable with while receiving verbal cues from experienced coaches.
- Who: All experience levels, including beginners, are welcome.*
- Where: @theGym/ The Gym Revolution, Blackfriars Rd, Nailsea, Bristol BS48 4DJ, UK
- Date/Time: (note that hours may change based on turnout so please be flexible in your travel plans)
- Level 1: April 26 & 27: 9am – 1pm, 1:30pm – 6pm
- Level 2: April 28: 9am – 1pm, 2pm – 6pm
- Costs (including VAT):
- £365 - Level 1 Only
- £365 - Level 2 Only
- £550 - Level 1 & 2 Combo
- Registration: please register HERE
Current participants must attend the Level 1 before attending Level 2. Past Level 1 or Ma Strength Camp participants can attend any individual seminar. In each seminars, all attendees should expect to learn Chinese weightlifting methods as taught in sports schools throughout China. These are very practical, hands-on clinics for athletes of all levels who want to improve their ability to perform the lifts and coaches who want to learn an alternative way of approaching the snatch, clean, and jerk. Olympic weightlifters, Cross Fitters, trainers, and coaches are welcomed. Coaches can shadow during the seminar if they wish to not lift.
All seminars are approved by the NASM so CPTs can earn 0.7 CEUs for each seminar toward their accreditation (Total 2.1 hours). This seminar teaches material that may be new to many individuals regardless of experience. While no level of experience is required, you must be able to overhead squat, front squat, and be able to perform a full snatch and full clean with an empty bar in order to participate fully. In the rare event that a seminar is canceled, registrants will receive a refund. As circumstances may require us to cancel or reschedule seminars; please consider this when arranging travel. Ma Strength is not liable for any expenses incurred due to re-scheduling or cancellation.