HUNENBERG WEIGHTLIFTING TECHNIQUE CAMP: LEVEL 1
- March 14 - 15, 2020
- Chinese weightlifting techniques are coming back to Switzerland! This is a practical, hands-on seminar that introduces the fundamental elements behind Chinese weightlifting technique to improve snatch, clean, and jerk technique under the guidance of expert coaches at Ma Strength.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn Chinese weightlifting technique using the professional Chinese learning progression for the snatch, clean, and jerk,
- Have your lifting evaluated individually and within a group setting to learn from others, and
- Practice this style of lifting with weights attendees feel comfortable with while receiving verbal cues from experienced coaches.
- The technique seminar is also approved by the NASM and eligble for 0.7 CEU for CPTs.
All attendees should expect to learn Chinese weightlifting methods as taught in sports schools throughout China. This seminar is open to athletes and coaches of all levels who want to improve their ability to perform the lifts and coaches who want to learn an alternative way of approaching the snatch, clean, and jerk. Olympic weightlifters, CrossFit® athletes, trainers, and coaches are welcomed. Participants can also observe the seminar if they wish not to lift.
"Explanations of the Chinese method was very systematic and logical. The break out sessions helped put theory into practice very effectively. Personally I have an epiphany during that session that has had a very positive effect of my lifts." ---Danny Wong, 2017 Participant
1. Theory: an introduction to Chinese weightlifting philosophy and underlying scientific principles
2. Snatch Learning Progression: 7 progressive exercises to build up to a full snatch from the floor
3. Clean Learning Progression: 6 progressive exercises to build to a full clean from the floor
4. Jerk Learning Progression: 5 progressive exercises to perform a squat jerk and split jerk
- Who: All experience levels, including beginners, are welcome.*
- Where: Crossfit Zug, Bösch 41, 6331 Hünenberg, Switzerland
- Mar 14: 1200 – 1500 & 1600 -1930 (approx),
- March 15: 900 – 1200 &1330 - 1730 (approx).
- 2-Days: 440 CHF
- 1-Day (Sat or Sun): 220 CHF
All seminars are approved by the NASM so CPTs can earn 0.7 CEUs for each seminar toward their accreditation (Total 2.1 hours). This seminar teaches material that may be new to many individuals regardless of experience.
While no level of experience is required, you must be able to overhead squat, front squat, and be able to perform a full snatch and full clean with an empty bar in order to participate fully.
In the rare event that a seminar is canceled, registrants will receive a refund. As circumstances may require us to cancel or reschedule seminars; please consider this when arranging travel. Ma Strength is not liable for any expenses incurred due to re-scheduling or cancellation.